An exciting opportunity for a Junior Project Engineer to join our growing manufacturing site within the Southampton area has arisen. This very varied role will suit candidates with a core Mechanical Engineering skill set who are ready to throw themselves into new challenges. The company works worldwide in the marine sailing sector and thus the roll may require on site work abroad as well.
The Junior Project Engineer Role:
- Report directly to the Senior Project Manager and work to support the sales team
- You need to be able to demonstrate a good understand of project management
- Have an understanding of engineering needs from a project point of view
- Manage projects to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Manufacturing Project Coordination and administering project plans within the teams in-house programmes
- Completing drawing amendments within AutoCad – Drawing management and control.
- Production line problem solving
- Interrogation of Cad models and customer specifications to understand product specifics
The Successful Junior Project Engineer:
- Must have experience of project management in an engineering function
- A strong will to succeed and a desire to progress the company product range alongside your experience level.
- All levels of experience will be considered so long as the core fundamental knowledge can be demonstrated.
- An interest in sailing would be beneficial but not essential
This role is live and interviews are available at short notice. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply to info(@)riggingprojects.com immediately to be considered.